New and updated COVID-19 guidance
- COVID-19 Information for Units with Contractors and Vendors Working on Site (updated 7/28/21)
- Return to On-Site Work Decision Tree (updated 7/27/21)
- Eating Space Guidelines for COVID-19 Prevention (updated 7/26/21)
- COVID-19 Ventilation FAQs (updated 7/9/21)
- COVID-19 Food Establishment Reopening and Operating Procedures (updated 7/21/21)
- UW Face Covering Policy (updated 7/19/21): Updated instructions for students requesting accommodation.
- COVID-19 Prevention for Transit (added 7/12/21)
- UW COVID-19 Prevention Plan (updated 7/8/21): The updated UW COVID-19 Prevention Plan includes a new Vaccination section; the remaining sections are streamlined to reflect relaxed requirements. Unit plans no longer need to be submitted to the Executive Office for approval. Update your unit’s COVID-19 prevention plan accordingly. Read the log of changes.
- Download posters (updated 7/8/21) that reflect new requirements from the Stay Healthy, Huskies Toolkit.
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol (updated 7/9/21): Changes include relaxing scope of disinfection of surfaces to align with updated CDC guidance based on additional evidence that the potential for COVID-19 transmission via surfaces is very low.
COVID-19 safety policies and guidelines in effect as of July 7, 2021
- Physical distancing is no longer required regardless of vaccination status in most settings: Physical distancing is recommended for individuals who are not fully vaccinated when in crowded areas or in spaces that are not well ventilated. Physical distancing is still required for health care, child care, and K-12 settings, regardless of vaccination status.
- Vaccinations: The new UW COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and FAQs specify the requirements, guidance, and deadlines for units, UW personnel and students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or declare a medical, religious, or philosophical exemption).
- Face covering requirements are relaxed for individuals who are fully vaccinated in most settings. Supervisors must verify an individual they supervise has submitted a COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation Form indicating they are fully vaccinated before allowing the individual to go without a mask in the workplace. Read the updated policy and FAQs on the University’s Face Covering Requirements webpage.
- Submission of the daily symptom attestation is no longer required in most settings. Exceptions include health care, child care, and K-12 settings. Individuals must continue to self-monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms and stay home or go home if they are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitor logs are no longer required unless there is a unit or location-specific requirement to maintain them.
COVID-19 guidance that are currently in process of being reviewed and updated
- COVID-19 Prevention Guidance for In-Person Events
- COVID-19 Safety Training: Back to the Workplace
- Workplace COVID-19 Risk Level and Selection of Personal Protective Equipment
- UW Guidance for Symptom Monitoring for COVID-19
COVID-19 guidance no longer in effect as of July 7, 2021
- Room occupancy restrictions for COVID-19 prevention, including elevator capacity limits
- Restrictions on the use of public restrooms: Public Restroom Guidance
- Visitor Logs
- Guidance for fully vaccinated UW personnel
COVID-19 safety measures remain in effect with no changes
- Daily self-monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms
- Report COVID-19 illness and close contact: When Do You Report?
- COVID-19 Case Response
- Quarantine and Isolation Guidance
- How contact tracing works at the UW
Refer to the University's COVID-19 recovery status webpage for additional information on a safe return to the workplace.
EH&S will update its guidance as new information becomes available.
Join the EH&S COVID-19 mailing list get regular updates. Click on "Enter this group" to add yourself to the list. You must log in with your UWNetID to access the mailing list.