Pest Control and Wildlife Resources

The EH&S Environmental Public Health Program responds to concerns about pests and nuisance wildlife (such as raccoons and nutria), as well as reports of injured, sick or dead animals on campus. We respond to requests for assistance through pest control contractors, who serve the Seattle campus during the work week and are available for emergency situations.

Reporting pest and wildlife sightings

Please complete the Pest and Wildlife Reporting form (UWNetID required) to request service, including injured, sick or dead animals at a University location. Report as many details about the observation as possible, especially the pest's exact location and behavior. 

Please report urgent pest or wildlife problems to EH&S at (206) 543-7262.

Your concern will be evaluated and prioritized, and service will be arranged as soon as possible.

We will attempt to obtain assistance for sick and injured wildlife; dead animals and birds will be disposed of properly. 

Keep in mind that wildlife may carry diseases such as rabies. Never touch wildlife, including sick, injured or dead animals.

Services available

EH&S offers the following services:

  • Service by a pest control contractor within 48 hours of service request, during the business week
  • Proper disposal of dead animals
  • Attempt to find assistance for sick and injured wildlife
  • Consultation regarding the public health implications of pests
  • Integrated pest management, to minimize chemical use and maximize safety

Frequently asked questions


Environmental Public Health Contact

(206) 616-1623
Reference Files