Temporary Food Service Permit


UW students, faculty and staff hosting a public event with food service on UW property must obtain a Temporary Food Service Permit, which helps protect health and prevent foodborne illness. 

A Temporary Food Service Permit is required for public events on UW property where food is sold or given away. It allows EH&S to evaluate the safety of food preparation, handling and storage by external vendors that operate with a license from the local health department.

To evaluate food safety practices, we need to know: