Medical Use of Radioactive Materials

A physician who administers radioactive material to humans must have specific training and experience. This also applies to medical physicists who conduct the treatment planning for specific cancer treatments. Physicians who want to become an Authorized User (AU) of radioactive materials and medical physicists who want to become an Authorized Medical Physicist (AMP) for gamma knife treatments must be approved by the Radiation Safety Committee (RSC)