Crystalline Silica Safety Training
This course will provide general crystalline silica safety information so that employees that may be using or disturbing materials containing crystalline silica can be properly prepared to minimize and prevent exposure. The following materials are included in the training.
- What crystalline silica is
- Materials that may contain crystalline silica
- Routes of exposure and related diseases
- Regulatory information such as permissible exposure limits
- Table 1 and Exposure Assessments
- Engineering Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Surveillance
- Regulated Areas
Accommodations and language services
The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations to individuals who need them.
- To request a disability accommodation, please contact the UW Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 (V), 206-543-6452(TTY), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request safety training in a language other than English, please contact EH&S training at email@example.com and notify your supervisor. EH&S will work with you and your supervisor to arrange for interpretation or translation services.
- For other accommodation requests, please contact EH&S Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personnel who may work with or disturb materials containing crystalline silica.