Workplace Safety in the Holiday Season

As the end of the year quickly approaches, we are often preoccupied with holiday planning, year-end deadlines and work commitments. As a result, many employers see an increase in workplace injuries just before and after the holiday season.

EH&S reminds the UW community to be mindful and maintain your focus on safety at all times, especially during the holiday season.

Be mindful while working.

Eliminate as many distractions as possible:


New Accident Prevention Plan (APP) Launched

EH&S has developed a new Accident Prevention Plan (APP) for University of Washington employees with the exception of employees working at UW Medicine UW Medical Center or Harborview. This document replaces the template for Departmental Health and Safety Plans, and covers general health and safety information applicable to all employees. All employers in Washington State are required to have an APP that details the occupational hazards present in their work environment and how their employees are protected from these hazards.

Facilities Services Training Portal

This page lists online safety training course for Facilities Services maintenance staff. 

The courses in this list are limited to facility and building maintenance personnel from UW Bothell, the Seattle campus, UW Tacoma, UW Medicine UW Medical Center and other UW owned and maintained properties.

Bongarde classes are paid for by EH&S based upon use so please confer with your manager on what classes you need to take. Please do not take courses you are not asked to complete.