Manage a laboratory with health and safety regulations and policies
I am a
Who wants to
Manage my laboratory in compliance with health and safety regulations and policies
Researchers must consider important safety elements when conducting research with potentially hazardous materials to protect the health and safety of all personnel involved in the project.
EH&S provides you with tools and resources for managing a laboratory, including:
- A database for recording and managing chemical inventory
- Easy one-click disposal of chemical waste
- Safety manuals for safely storing, handling and disposal of hazardous materials
- Training and advice on shipping hazardous materials
- Online reporting tool for accidents and near-miss incidents
- Safety training opportunities and refresher courses
- Medical surveillance (as appropriate)
Ultimately, it is the Principal Investigator’s responsibility to provide a safe working environment to conduct research.
Researchers will find detailed information below to with links to tools and resources to manage a research project that protects the health and safety of all personnel involved with the project.
EH&S collaborates with departments and researchers to provide services to assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state and University requirements for safety.
We provides consultation to help you manage the safety elements in your lab to reduce the risk for accidents and injuries. In addition, EH&S conducts periodic lab safety inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
Steps to manage a research project