We are excited to announce the 2017 UW Laboratory Safety Seminar for incoming graduate students.
- Online Training Completed Ahead of Time: Students are asked to complete required online training before the seminar. Which online classes should they take? Please see below.
- Case Studies and Interactive Sessions: The Seminar is designed using case studies and interactive sessions that highlight the most important laboratory safety topics and reinforce the online training.
- Social: The event will continue in the HUB 221 South Ballroom following the Seminar. EH&S will be hosting tables to showcase the variety of health and safety services available to students at the University.
- Food: Light refreshments will be served at the Social following the Seminar.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
You can register for the event here using UWNetID and PASSWORD. Make sure the fields at the top are filled in and select the seminar. At the bottom click REGISTER ME. The same link can be used to return and make changes.
Groups can register by requesting a group registration form from the EH&S Training Office by e-mailing email@example.com.
Online Classes Should Be Completed Before the Lab Safety Seminar
The selection of laboratory safety training for students and staff is based on the research taking place in the laboratory and also the potential for exposure to hazards.
EH&S has created the Safety Training for Laboratory Personnel matrix to help decide which of our classes are required or recommended.
Below is a list of courses typically required for personnel in labs. See the EH&S courses page for a complete list and to register: http://www.ehs.washington.edu/psotrain/corsdesc.shtm
- Biosafety Training (available online)
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Researchers (available online)
- Compressed Gas Safety (available online)
- Fire Extinguisher Training (available online)
- Fume Hood Safety (available online)
- Globally Harmonized System for Chemical Hazard Communication (available online)
- Managing Laboratory Chemicals (available online)
***This page will be updated as more information becomes available.***