A Mixed Waste is any material that is radioactive and exhibits any of the
- Is Flammable.
- Flash point lower than 140° F.
- Is an Oxidizer.
- Is Corrosive.
- Generally, any chemical with a pH < 2 or > 12.
- Is Reactive.
- Is a Carcinogen or a Suspected Carcinogen.
- Is Toxic or Poisonous.
- Deadly to humans or animals if injected, ingested, inhaled, or absorbed.
- Is an Environmentally Persistent Chemical.
- These compounds tend to bio-accumulate and include halogenated solvents and
fluorinated organic compounds.