Authorization to Use Radioactive Materials at the University of Washington (UW)

back (1K)       next (1K)

  • No person or group at the UW may possess, use, or store radioactive materials without the written permission of the Radiation Safety Committee.

  • Researchers who would like to use materials must apply to the RSO. The application requires detailed, specific description of the uses of radioactive materials (RAM).

  • Researchers authorized for RAM in accordance with the UW's radioactive materials broad scope license must adhere to agreed upon administrative controls.

  • All uses of RAM are subject to inspection by RSO staff, Washington State Department of Health, and federal agencies involved with the use of radioactive materials and sources.

Page 25

back (1K)       next (1K)