PERSONAL PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Internal Radiation Protection
- Good Hygiene – NO eating, drinking, smoking, gum chewing, or fingernail
biting, etc. in laboratories to avoid ingestion of radioactive materials.
- Personnel and laboratory contamination surveys
- Laboratory equipment surveys
- Common use equipment surveys
- Survey before leaving laboratory
- If using large quantities of I-125, I-131, or H-3 bioassays may be required.
- The UW Radiation Safety Manual contains requirements for performing bioassays.
- When you receive material, the RSO will inform you if a bioassay is required.
- Bioassays performed in the past 10 years indicate very little exposure has occurred to
personnel from ingestion or inhalation of materials used.