Test your Knowledge - QUESTION 3

What is required when radioactive materials are transferred between Authorized Investigators (AUIs) at the University of Washington?

a. The current AUI must contact the Radiation Safety Office to ensure that the new user is authorized to receive the material and to determine whether shipping papers are required.

b. A Form 160T (Radioactive Material Transfer and Usage Record) must be filled out by the original AUI , to be given to the new user when the material is transferred.

c. After the transfer, the original owner must complete a Form 160 (Radioactive Material and Usage Record).

d. All of the above ( a, b, and c) are required.

e. Nothing is required since radioactive materials can never be transferred between users.

Radiation Safety Training Main Page