Radiation Safety Program Information

Radiation Safety Program

The Radiation Safety Office at the University of Washington issues Authorizations (sub-licenses) for certain uses of radiation. All investigators planning to do research on humans using any type of radiation (x-rays, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, etc.) must apply for an Authorization to Use Radiation on Human Subjects.

Before you can order, store, or use radioactive materials, you must either make arrangements to work under another researcher's Authorization or call Radiation Safety at 206.543.0463 or e-mail: radsaf@u.washington.edu to determine if you meet the requirements to become an Authorized Investigator.