You have selected the online Basic Electrical Safety class.
This course is for laboratory, shop, and trades personnel who periodically
work on equipment with electrical components who aren't required to take
qualified electrical worker training. If you do not do this type of work, please
refrain from taking this course as there is a fee charged to the University for
each individual that opens the online course.
You need to first de-energize all equipment before you test, repair, or
modify it. To learn about safely de-energizing equipment, take the
Lock-Out/Tag-Out Training - Classroom course.
- Select Play at the bottom to open a new window.
- Login using your UWNetID.
- If you have to stop before completing the course, return to this page and
login again to pick up where you left off.
- Print a certificate at the end.
- When finished, close the class window and return to this page.
- Please complete the course evaluation (click below).
Training records may take as much as a week before they will appear in the
My EHS Training online record look-up.