This online course focuses on hazardous waste management for clinical and hospital staff.
This chemical waste management training
highlights the most common violations found in laboratories and provides guidance for:
- Identification of hazardous waste
- Proper hazardous waste container management
- Hazardous waste pick-up and disposal procedures
- Hazardous waste reduction
What you need to know:
- This training is approximately 30 pages long. Please note the
time you begin - we will request that you let us know how long you spent in the
- Use the Previous and Next buttons at top to navigate through the
screens. You can use the sidebar at any time to go back and study during the
training portion of the course. However, the sidebar will not help you with
the three sample questions that work sequentially. If you answer them incorrectly,
you will be sent back to the question page. If you answer them correctly,
you'll be sent on to the next slide.
- You will need your UWNetID, student or staff ID number, and supervisor name and
email at the end of the course to complete the registration process and to have the
choice to print a certificate.
- A record of your completion of the course will be emailed to you and your
supervisor and will be maintained by EH&S.