May 27, 2016
Environmental Health and Safety has an outstanding opportunity for a Occupational Health and Safety Specialist.
Under general direction, the Program Operations Specialist will provide occupational health and safety and
industrial hygiene program support to the non-research departments of the University (such as Facilities Services).
This position will develop programs, procedures, and training in the areas of hearing protection, lockout-tagout,
indoor air quality, shop safety and similar areas. This position will also monitor changes in regulations, assist
departments in regulatory compliance, and conduct workplace safety inspections.
For more information and to apply for this position go to
UWHires, Requisition 133094.
April 19, 2016
The April edition of EH&S News is now available:
- Is the Lithium Battery in Your Device Safe?
- Your Health and Safety Committee
- Preparing Your Laboratory for an Earthquake
- Outdoor UW Events May Require a Permit
- Do You Need a Temporary Food Permit for Your UW Event?
- Staff Spotlight: John Kelly
- What's New: New State Regulation of Radioactive Material, OSHA Announces Final Rule Lowering Silica Exposure Limit
February 29, 2016
The February edition of EH&S News is now available:
- UW Safety, Sustainability, and Preparedness Expo
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Laboratories
- 2015 UW Work-Related Injury and Illness Summaries Now Online
- Staff Spotlight: Rebecca Stenberg
- What's New: New Chemical Waste Management Video, New EH&S Training Record Lookup
December 17, 2015
The December edition of EH&S News is now available:
- Happy Holidays From EH&S
- RSVP Now for UW Safety Expo in February
- Project to Develop Ergonomic Solutions for Custodians
- Disposing of Anesthetic Gas Absorbent Canisters
- Sustainable Approach to Pest Control at the UW
- Staff Spotlight: Joyce Chambers
- What's New: New L&I Workplace Safety Poster, New Chemotherapy and Hazardous Drug Safety Web Page
Print your own Safety Training Certificates
So you want a safety training certificate for the Asbestos class you took last
week, well now you can print a copy for yourself! Simply follow the link to
My EH&S Training, and
you can print certificates for classes (with about one week delay) you have taken
through Environmental Health and Safety. Enjoy!
UW Digital Security Certificate
A number of commonly used applications on the EH&S website, including but not limited to OARS Version 2
and the online General Asbestos Awareness Training, generate errors if your computer does not have the UW
security certificate loaded. If, when attempting to access one of these applications, you get an error message
indicating that the security certificate is invalid or unknown, then go to
for instructions on how to update your computer's security certificate. This same certificate will also work for
many other University applications.