EH&S News is a bimonthly newsletter for UW faculty, staff, and students. The newsletter focuses on resources that support the UW safety culture, helpful safety information, and updates on the Environmental Health and Safety department.
To subscribe to EH&S News, complete the form below. You will receive an email with a link to complete your subscription. Contact the newsletter editor, Wendy Secrist, with questions.
To manage your subscription to EH&S News or other UW email, click here.
Current Edition of EH&S News
- Lessons Learned: Lab Waste Spill Causes Building Evacuation
- Repurposed Radioactive Sources Save Money and the Environment
- When Do You Need a Respirator?
- It's Almost West Nile Virus Season
- EH&S Will Collect Your Hazardous Waste
- Avoid Becoming a Picnic Basket Case
- Staff Spotlight: Kevin Makinson
- Events: Safety Stand Down Week
EH&S News Archive
- Lessons Learned: Lab Staff Quickly Extinguish Fire
- Have You Completed the New Required GHS Training?
- Immunizations Are Not Just for Kids
- Recycling and Disposal of Chemical Containers
- Indoor Mold and Air Quality
- EH&S Staff Spotlight: Charles Easterberg
- What's New: New Form for Short-Lived Radioactive Waste in Laboratories
- Upcoming Events
- Improving Communication for a Quicker Response: Lessons Learned from a Recent Fire on the Seattle Campus
- New Chemical Safety Training Required by June 1, 2014
- 2013 UW Work-Related Injury and Illness Summaries Now Online
- Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls
- EH&S Expands Safety Training: More Online and Instructor-Led Courses
- What's New: Online Ordering System for Radioactive Materials
- New Newsletter and EH&S Outreach Update
- Recent Hazardous Material Spill on Seattle Campus
- New Lab Safety Initiative Launched
- Surge Protector Recall Due to Fire Hazard
- Laser Safety Consultation
- What's New:
CAUTION: There's a New Biosafety Warning Sign in Town |
New Online Chemical Waste Collection Form |
September 2013 Edition of UW Laboratory Safety Manual |
New Confined Space Safety Web Page