If you practice a few simple healthy habits during influenza (flu) season, you can help us avoid going home sick for the holidays.
Here are a few tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for reducing your exposure to illness:
- Get your flu shot. It's the best way to prevent flu. The flu season goes through April, so it’s not too late to get your flu shot if you haven’t already.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick to prevent others from being exposed to your illness.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
For more information about avoiding the flu, please visit the CDC website.